Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Humble Origin Bundle Raises Over $10M

EA News has word that the recently concluded Humble Origin Bundle raised over $10 million for charity:

After two weeks online, the Humble Origin Bundle, which featured ten of our games, sold over 2.1 million copies and generated over $10.5 million in sales. Most of the funds benefitted six charities with additional optional tips going to support Humble Bundle for hosting the promotion. Consumers who purchased the bundle named their own price and then determined how to distribute their donation across the participating organizations: Human Rights Campaign, watsi, San Francisco AIDS Foundation, American Red Cross, GamesAid and the American Cancer Society.

“The Humble Origin Bundle was an amazing opportunity for San Francisco AIDS Foundation,” said Robin Easterbrook, San Francisco AIDS Foundation. “We have never participated in anything like it before, and were thrilled to be able to connect our work with an amazing community of gamers. It really inspired us to think about new fundraising ideas which can make a big impact on our efforts in the community.”

"We are very grateful for the support of Humble Bundle and their customers through this collaboration," said Lin Mac Master, chief marketing and revenue officer for the American Cancer Society. "The American Cancer Society turned 100 years old this year, and efforts like this will help us make this cancer’s last century.”

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

14. Re: Humble Origin Bundle Raises Over $10M Sep 4, 2013, 13:32 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 12:55:
I was shocked at the posh gatherings..

My sister, who is an attorney and does pro bono work for a charity organization, explained that to me in a way that almost makes sense. When a person that makes $1000000+ a year makes a donation, it tends to be much more sizable than someone who makes 70000+ a year. A charity wants to attract those people, so they have to have offices that those people can feel confident coming to or sitting in. The various events have to have a certain standard of presentation so that the wealthier people are comfortable and thus more likely to open their wallets. In other words, they cater to the rich to get their fattier donations. Obviously it helps that it makes it a lot comfortable of a workspace...I am not playing that off at all...rather just pointing out that there is a purpose to it. I may have a terrific charity for sick kids, but if the office is located in east downtown Oakland, the neighboring building is a crack house, and the closest thing to a parking lot I have is curbside meters....that isn't going to attract the people that can afford to give the most.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo