Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Dev Tycoon Steam Preorders

Indie game developer Greenheart Games announces Game Dev Tycoon is coming to Steam for Windows and OS X on August 29th. The game originally launched on the Windows 8 marketplace, and them jumping off that gravy train may be a meta-lesson for would-be game developers. The Steam Store is now accepting pre-purchases of the game, offering a 20% discount through the first week of availability. The game can also be purchased directly from Greenheart Games, where they also offer playable demos for Windows, OS X, and Linux. Here's a new trailer and here's word:

The game, which was initially launched on the Windows 8 Store in December 2012, was successfully re-released on Greenheart Games’ website in early 2013, and received praise from both critics and fans alike. The developers were most recently discussed worldwide when they purposely uploaded a cracked build of their game that had players' studios failing due to piracy (causing hilarious and sad results). Game Dev Tycoon, which was updated for this release to respond to player feedback, will soon be available on Steam with a launch price of $7.99 (USD), 20% off the normal Steam price of $9.99.

In Game Dev Tycoon, players get to start their own game development company and play through the history of game development. Players will start their humble business in a garage in the 1980s. As they research new technologies, create best selling games, hire and train staff they will grow their business and their impact on the industry. Players get the ability to make their own virtual games, choose the genre and what platform to release on. As they grow they will get opportunities to move into bigger offices and unlock secret labs, become the leader of the market and gain worldwide fans.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. Re: Game Dev Tycoon Steam Preorders Aug 23, 2013, 11:19 gilly775

nin wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 10:33:
I've only seen a few let's play videos on it, but it looks really fun. I do worry about what appears to be (at least in earlier versions) some randomness on game scores...

It's really all based on how you put genres together with technology, like how sports games go well with consoles. There are guides out there that show you the best combinations for your games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo