Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture PS4

Rock, Paper, Shotgun has word that Everybody's Gone To The Rapture will be a PS4 exclusive, so any plans for a PC edition of the next game from the team behind Dear Esther are now on long-term hold at best. "Dear Esther fans were very much in our thoughts, but enough of us are multi-platform gamers to make this work for us," explains Dan Pinchbeck of developer thechineseroom. "And we’re in this for the long game, so I can’t see us not returning to PC, or doing whatever we can to keep that fan base as we owe them a great deal. But part of that is following our instincts about how we develop and find stability as a studio and this is going to be part of the process. And without sounding like a bought man, the PS4 is genuinely a really, really cool platform, and if people have never bought into console gaming before, this is the time."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. Re: Everybody's Gone To The <strike>Rapture</strike> PS4 Aug 22, 2013, 22:06 ItBurn

Dagnamit wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 21:42:
Indie studios doing exclusive deals? Well.... bah. This actually just convinced me to never buy a console. I refuse the support the "exclusive" model bullshit. Too bad, I was looking forward to playing A Machine for Pigs. No way I'm giving my money to that dev.

It also pisses me the hell off, but I kinda understand them wanting to make lots of cash to improve their working conditions.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo