Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Today kicks off Game Developers Conference Europe, so there should be some news from there over the next couple of days.

My weird ear for celebrity voices popped up again over the weekend, as I became convinced the voice in the NFL's new TV promos is Forest Whitaker. A quick Google suggested I was wrong, but I heard it a couple more times and did a better search, and found out it is indeed his voice. The weird thing is that before this if you asked me if I thought I knew what he sounded like I would have answered probably not. Too bad there's not a way to capitalize on this odd skill: Like Name that Tune for voices or something.

Familiar Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Red Extinction.
Stories: Steve Jobs Biopic Crashes on Opening Weekend.
America's Last, Remaining Drive-Ins Face a New Threat. Thanks Slashdot.
Science: Obesity Death Toll Heavier Than Previously Thought.
Strange, Pulsating Star Found.
Almost orbital, solar-powered drone offered as "atmospheric satellite".
Media: Super Mario Bros 2 Corruptions.
The Video Game Years - 1981 Pt 3. Thanks Retroware.
Man on an Edge: What It's Like to Be a Window Cleaner in NY.
The Funnies: xkcd: Exoplanet Names. Thanks Jim.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2013, 17:14 sauron

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 15:50:
My wife gets fatter every year because she refuses to get off her ass and work out. We eat the same food, but she eats a lot more of it. It's a pretty damn simple problem that people want to make complex to feel better about their own fat, lazy asses. It's the same reason everyone seems to have a "thyroid condition" now. Hey, fatty, that pie hole you keep jamming with food is not called a thyroid.

Hope she doesn't read that. If so, hope you have a comfortable couch to sleep on.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo