Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Thief in February

The GamesCom trailer for Thief is a cinematic look at the upcoming reboot, setting the Robin Hood-style story line of the upcoming stealth/action game, depicting Garrett's role in the uprising of the proletariat. The clip also concludes with an official release date for the game, saying it's coming to stores on February 25, 2014. Word is:

London (16, August 2013) – Square Enix® and Eidos-Montréal™, the award winning studio behind the critically acclaimed Deus Ex: Human Revolution® today announced that THIEF™ will be released for Windows PC, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on 25th February 2014 in North America and 28th February 2014 in Europe and PAL territories.

“This city will not die with the old and the poor holding it back. The time has come for a new future” -Baron Northcrest

“No more will our homes be taken and our families starved. This City belongs to the people. We must seize it back.” -Orion

Garrett the Master Thief is entangled in the growing layers of conflict between Baron Northcrest and the oppressed masses led by Orion, the voice of the people. In a City on the brink of revolution, Garrett’s skills are all he can trust as he walks the fine line between politics and the people.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

33. Re: Thief in February Aug 16, 2013, 21:52 Cutter

Flatline wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 21:47:
So wait... this is a continuation of the Thief series or a reboot? Some people have said continuation, others a reboot. There's no Hammerites, there's no Trickster minions, and the whole reason why Garrett is a badass thief (the keepers) seems to be missing and you're just... a badass thief.

That being said, I actually really like the art direction of city in the new cinematic. It looks like a city I'd like to run amok in. On the flip side, the guards look... anachronistic. They're like early 1600's and everyone else is like 1870. I'd have spent more time making them look a little more in-fashion or a little more ceremonial like the Swiss Guard if they were going to be anachronisms.

Garrett however looks like a fucking anime ninja now and I'm totally uninterested in him as a protagonist.

The story however sounds like shit. It actually sounds like a direct ripoff of the themes in Bioshock Infinite. Industrialist/rich fuck on one hand, "man of the people" on the other, and big twist I'm sure the "man of the people" is going to turn out to be a fuckhead.

And since they're pitching Garrett as "robin hood" now, he's going to develop a conscience and become a hero of the people by opposing both sides and forging his own solution. And then at the end of the game he'll toss that all aside to go back to robbing rich fucks and keeping the profits.

If it turns out like that I'm going to vomit through my eyes, but that's what it's looking like.

So awesomely said. You sir, are the King of the Internet for today.

This comment was edited on Aug 17, 2013, 09:18.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo