Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Xbox One Controller for PCs in 2014

ComputerAndVideoGames.com has word from Microsoft that their new $100 million Xbox One controller will eventually be PC compatible at some point next year, though they say the software to allow this won't be available when the consoles are first released. "There is also some work that we need to do to make sure that existing PC games that support the Xbox 360 controller, will work with the Xbox One controller. While it seems trivial, it's actually quite a bit of dedicated work for all that to be seamless for the user," they were told. "We know people want to use the Xbox One controller on their PC, and we do too - we expect to have the functionality available in 2014."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

15. Re: Xbox One Controller for PCs in 2014 Aug 13, 2013, 00:50 DangerDog

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 12, 2013, 21:30:
I just hope they release the wireless X1 controller promptly, as one of my wireless X360 controllers has a failed D-pad and I'd like to upgrade as soon as is practical. As for this announcement, it's a lot of bullshit but at least it is confirmed that the X1 controller will be available for PC.

I would rather have a corded controller, in some games where you switch off between mouse and keyboard and controller the wireless controller goes into sleep mode and the game won't reactivate while you're playing in most cases.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo