Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday

Time for an ever-popular announcement of an announcement, as Rockstar Games has word to expect a Grand Theft Auto Online gameplay video on Thursday along with previews of Grand Theft Auto V. Word is: "Look for the world premiere of the official GTA Online Gameplay Video as well as coverage of first press previews here at the Newswire and at rockstargames.com/GTAOnline this Thursday, August 15th."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

25. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 12, 2013, 18:51 jimnms

GTA: SA was my first GTA, well other than GTA1. A friend talked me into giving it a try, so I did. I still have the original disk, the one with the "hot coffee" in it. I later bought a GTA Complete pack on Steam several sales ago (before GTA IV ever came out), and I just couldn't play GTA III and Vice City. It wasn't because they were hard, it's because the controls were so shitty compared to SA. I hate 3rd person games enough as it is, but with the free camera in SA and IV, it is playable. In III and VC, the camera is fixed, and there is some weird mouse acceleration going on that made aiming impossible.

I don't remember story missions GTA SA being any harder than IV. I don't remember failing or having trouble with missions in either game, except for the RC missions in SA, those were a bitch. I completed SA to 100% twice, using only KB + Mouse. I never bothered to complete IV to 100% because the reward for 100% in IV wasn't worth it.

A lot of people bitch about the social shit in GTA IV, but to me that was easier to handle than in SA. It's completely optional in both games, but in GTA IV it's easier to maintain if you want the perks a friend provides. In GTA IV, once you get to the level where they give you their perk, you don't have to do anything with them anymore. When they call you, just agree to what they want, then call them right back and cancel, and your rep with them doesn't change.

In GTA SA, the only two girlfriends I bothered with were the nurse and cop, so you could keep your stuff if you die and get out of jail free without losing your weapons. Getting them to date you was a bit of a challenge, because I think one liked you skinny and the other liked you fat. You either had to collect those damn oysters or wear nice clothes and find a car that boosts your sex appeal stat enough. Once you started dating them and got their perk, it was a bitch to maintain because you had little control over it. If you don't take them out after a while, they call you and you have to drop what you are doing and go take them out or you risk getting dumped and losing their perk.

I guess a couple of things made IV a little easier. Getting killed in IV didn't remove your weapons like in SA (unless you are dating the nurse). The auto save is nice, so you didn't have to go to a safe house and manually save. I thought losing wanted levels was a little easier in SA too. There were those pickups that removed a star, but I think as long as you were 4 stars or less, just staying out of sight long enough would make it go away. You could drive into a pay-n-spray in full view of the cops and lose any wanted level, and you could go into a safe house and save to lose the wanted levels. In IV, at least you had to be out of sight before a pay-n-spray removed your wanted level. There were easy ways to lose wanted levels in IV, just not as many. Getting into the underground subway would let you get out of the search radius without being seen, but that only worked on the one island with the underground subways. I think you could still go in a safe house, save then load the game to remove wanted levels too.

Steam Profile
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo