Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

My efforts at adding barbequing to my grilling repertoire continue apace, as I managed to hold a 225 temperature for a rack of ribs for five hours, to great result. This was a batch of baby backs, though that would have suited the slow-cooking demands of spare ribs, which I will probably try next. I'm working my way up to one day attempting a port shoulder, so this was another baby (back) step towards that goal.

R.I.P.: Schoep. :(

Spare Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: The Lonely King.
Symbiosis Greenland.
Stories: Barbie fights for her life.
Detroit files largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S history.
Science: Meet ATLAS. Video.
New Study Shows That Dogs Use Color Vision After All. Thanks Brandon.
Media: The Dos and Don'ts of Cosplaying While Black. NSFW. Thanks nin.
New York Versus Texas.
Dog happy to see her human companion return. These always get me.
Corgi Dexter's First Pool (Original). Thanks nin.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2013, 13:22 Will W

Definitely get a full rack of spare ribs and cut them down to a St. Louis style rib yourself, that way you can have the rib tips as a greasy yummy snack while waiting for the ribs to finish.

Don't hold off on the pork butt, they're easy and you should give them a run. They do take a while to cook and EVERYONE has a different idea of how to cook it. I suggest you use a bone-in shoulder, I think they come off of the smoker with a better pork flavor and seem to hold their moisture much better at a higher temperature.

Here is a good article about wrapping and temperature rise in smoked meat.....talks about how basting isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Long URL, had to make it a tag

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo