Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

Link of the Day: KTVU reports fake racist names of Asiana Airlines 214 pilots. Thanks Ant. Stay classy Oakland.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: Into the Black Jul 13, 2013, 10:22 Scottish Martial Arts

Turns out I was remembering correctly. I just had the date wrong: mid-November 2003 not mid-October.

I thought writing this all down might help. My Dad and I were driving home this evening from Congresswoman Eshoo's office (I delivered my service academy nomination application) and witnessed a severe car accident that left two people dead and another in the hospital. We were about to pull off the freeway when we saw a car swerve out of control and flip over three times. We immediately parked the car and ran forward. The car was upside down and the driver was hanging unconscious in her seat belt and because of the way the car had landed was trapped. Both of the passenger side passengers were out of the car and relatively unhurt and there was a woman conscious but with a head injury in the backseat. My Dad's Army Special Forces Medic training kicked in (one reason why the Army is a good thing vFunct), gave me his cell phone to call 911 and immediately got the conscious woman out, sitting at the side of the road and had her apply pressure to her head. My Dad then went to work on getting the unconscious woman out of the car. It was at this point that I noticed there was a fifth passenger, a woman who turned out to be 16, who had been thrown from the vehicle and now lay on her side about ten meters from the overturned vehicle. I called my Dad who, unable to open an airway because of the driver's position and unable to get the driver out of the vehicle, had decided to leave the driver for the firefighters and paramedics. He came to the young woman on her side, opened an airway, and proceeded to check her for injury. I had repeated the injuries he listed off into the phone and then concluded the call. He suggested that I look after the two unhurt male passengers. One of them had his wits about him and I got him sitting at the side of the road but the other one was losing it. It was about this time the firefighters arrived. The man who was falling apart became dead set on finding his wallet and cell, I was unable to deter him so I decided it would be best to help him find it and then get him sitting down. As we walked past the vehicle the firefighters were working on getting the driver out. After finding the mans wallet and cellphone I walked him back to where his friend was and I noticed that the firefighters had the driver out and were working on her. I went over to see if I could help with the young woman but paramedics had arrived and were taking over for my Dad. The next time I looked at the driver I noticed that she had died and been covered. The paramedics worked on the young woman for about five minutes longer and had just gotten her onto one of the wooden boards when she died. A State Trooper came by to talk to me and my Dad about what we had seen and what we had done to help. We then left.

Sorry if this was kind of rambling but I'm still rather shaken. I had seen dead bodies before but I hadn't watched a person die while doing my best to help them. I just wanted to type this out to calm down.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo