Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Epic Working on AAA Shooter

A "triple-A" shooter is one of the unnanounced games in development at Epic Games, reveals company founder Tim Sweeney at the Develop Conference, as quoted on Eurogamer (thanks VG247). He says the company is "trying to master development at every scale" as he outlines the scope of the various projects they have in the works:

"Last generation, most of the company was focused on building Gears of War 3, a massive project," he said. "Gears of War 1 was a 60-person project at peak. Gears of War 3 was more than 100-people at peak.

"Now we're building several games at different scales. We're building Fortnite, a PC online game which is a fun, sort of Minecraft meets Left 4 Dead. It's a 35-person team. It's not aiming to beat Call of Duty in terms of graphics. It's more of a Pixar art style and a limited project in scope, just aimed at fun as opposed to massive breakthroughs in scale.

"We're building a bigger, triple-A shooter project that hasn't been announced yet. And we've also internally started developing really tiny projects with two or three guys working together as a team for a few months in small scale game development.

"It's really cool. We're testing our development at all scales and learning it as we go. We're trying to master development at every scale."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

23. Re: Epic Working on AAA Shooter Jul 12, 2013, 14:13 SlimRam

SirKnight wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 10:32:
El Pit wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 10:14:
For next generation consoles, best played with a console controller. Maybe, if you're humble enought, we may let the cleaning woman work halftime on a pc port. You sure would like that, ey?

Would probably be better to work on the cleaning woman.

I would be more excited about working with the cleaning crew than either working at Epic or playing EITHER new game....

I mean, you get ALL the cleaning supplies you'll ever need - BONUS

Cleaning crews usually work after hours so it makes a good second job - BONUS

There are sometimes cuties that work in those crews - BONUS

The work isn't especially hard in offices and your in the AC or heat when weather is bad - BONUS

I work construction, outside, in Arizona..... Seriously ANY job that has you working in an environmentally controlled area is a fucking dream job

I went to the 'Water and Ice' store near my house and I asked to see they're 'Secret Menu'.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo