Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout 4 Rumor

A post on Bubblews states that Bethesda showed off Fallout 4 at E3 last week behind closed doors, saying a brief trailer (oddly specified as 37 seconds in length) was part of the presentation. They say "it seems there was a leaker inside" who allegedly shared unconfirmed details about the unannounced next installment in the action/RPG series. These details include word that the game will come to Windows, as well as Xboxes One and 360 and PlayStations 3 and 4, the game will be announced before next year's E3 but is not expected to launch before October 2015, the main setting is Boston, and more. This is all to be taken with a grain of salt, though it's interesting to note that one of the editors at Strategy Informer commented on that site's report of this with a smug: "I... can neither confirm nor deny that rumor. :p"

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

37. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 19, 2013, 00:16 jimnms

Prez wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 18:51:
EDIT - On that note, are there any must-have mods for New Vegas? The Brazil one looks amazing but I have tried it yet.

I don't like using overhaul type mods until I've played the game at least once. I generally play the first time completely vanilla, then a 2nd time modded a bit before I go all out with the crazy overhauls. I've played it once vanilla and once with DLC and a few light mods. IMO, the DLC make the game too easy with the level cap increase and perks you get from completing the DLC quests.

I suggest using MMUE to squish bugs, and then add some immersion mods and texture replacements. I would also install some UI mods like oHUD with DARNUI. After playing with those it makes me want to puke seeing screen shots and videos of the stock UI.

For me it was little mods that made the game more enjoyable, especially if you're playing it in hardcore mode. There was one that would let you use a pilot light and flamer fuel to use ovens as a camp fire for cooking/crafting. I think it was called simply called Oven Cooking.

Another one I used was called Manual Reload. It requires NVSE, and does what the name implies. No longer will you automatically reload when the last shot is fired, you either manually hit the reload key or switch weapons. Sometimes it's faster to switch to a second weapon than reload which is one reason I like it. The other is that it makes the game remember how much ammo is in each weapon, so if you're down to just a few shots left (or empty) and switch to another weapon, when you re-equip the first weapon it isn't magically reloaded anymore.

I plan to play again with JSawyer's mod. I'm going to keep it simple though, just use the MMUE bug fix along with UI and texture mods. I want to keep to the original game as much as possible, but make it more challenging.

MeanJim on Steam
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo