Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses

Kotaku has a response from SEGA to the lawsuit filed against them and Gearbox over differences between how Aliens: Colonial Marines was marketed and how the first-person shooter turned out. They say they cannot comment, and then proceed to comment: "SEGA cannot comment on specifics of ongoing litigation," they tell the site. "But we are confident that the lawsuit is without merit and we will defend it vigorously." They followed this up with a comment from Gearbox, who think it is less than without merit, saying they will defend the rights of entertainers: "Attempting to wring a class action lawsuit out of a demonstration is beyond meritless. We continue to support the game, and will defend the rights of entertainers to share their works-in-progress without fear of frivolous litigation."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

68. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 4, 2013, 03:46 Sempai

Krovven wrote on May 3, 2013, 23:32:
Redmask wrote on May 3, 2013, 20:38:
Krovven wrote on May 3, 2013, 19:19:
Shataan wrote on May 3, 2013, 19:00:
MANY of the enviros textures etc, looked dated and washed out.

And to that I will quote what I said in the ACM topic a couple days ago.

"The level design, is consistent with the Aliens film. After having played the game a fair amount, and then going back and watching the movie again, they recreated the aesthetic look and floormap exactly like the movie. I can see why some people will take issue with them using a 1986 design and not upgrading it, but I like that they recreated it exactly how it was in the movie."

I watched Aliens an hour ago and find this to be total bunk. The issue isn't with how they recreated the aesthetic feel, the issue people were having was with the actual quality of the models and textures, not to mention many of the poor animations at launch. One of the first patches upgraded hundreds of textures, that wasn't a problem with 'motif'.

Don't really care if you think it's total bunk. I'm sure you are speaking for everyone that ever commented on the graphics of the game right? People complained about all of the above, including the aesthetic feel of the game. Textures in the game are fine and on par with other Unreal engine games. Animations are fine, a little stiff at times, but again not a problem unique to ACM.

Bioshock Infinite is very highly rated. I could show you lots of bad textures, missing textures, lack of graphical features, bad and boring gameplay. In fact there isn't a single game that I couldn't go through and pick out plenty of bad artwork and gameplay.

Not sure why people still want to argue the quality of the game. I've already said before that I agree it's not that great of a game. It is however still a fun game to play.

Back on topic...the argument of whether they succeeded or not with the graphics, models, animations or aesthetic feel of the game has nothing to do with whether this class action lawsuit has any legs. The lawsuit is based on false advertising, whether there was a bait & switch or not and if pre-orders are due compensation. They aren't.

Hey Krowen, lay down the crack pipe son. You honestly thought this game was fun? Are you fucking serious? It was, and still is a broken mess on many fronts..

So you enjoyed running through the entire game where the Aliens AI would simply stop pursuing you if you just kept running? Have you been gaming long? Because if not i'm personally embarrassed for you. And the textures, animations, and level design(when not completely busted) are nothing less than shit-tacular!

Let's go back to 09 and have a look at a game called AVP from Obsidian Entertainment(which supported DX11 btw..)and look at the textures there. Now come on back to 2013 and have a look at Aliens CM. Not only does AVP look better, run better, IS better, but this new shiny 2013 Aliens from Gearbox is a shit sandwich sir!

By all means you keep on trying to convince yourself this new ones a philly steak n cheese, because you're the only one swallowing it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo