Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Tanks Security "Event"

Wargaming is rewarding players with in-game currency in World of Tanks for changing their passwords. This went down last week, we just noticed word on GameSpot. This page has the details, and while we see reports this move is in response to a security breach, the article doesn't mention that.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Re: World of Tanks Security Apr 22, 2013, 13:24 Tumbler

If it makes you feel better that is kind of you how feel even if you pay from time to time and are a higher tier.

The matches you're placed in will almost always be versus a wide variety of tanks. Typically a 3 tier stretch is common. (6,7,8 or 3,4,5 or 1,2,3) That initial loading screen gives you a rough report of how good your tank is versus others. If you're at the top you should do well, if you're at the bottom then job number one is don't get shot, stay in cover, play it safe, assume you're going to get massacred.

I'm at tier 7 atm, most of my tanks are tier 6, I've got a tier 7 and I'm speeding through that tank to get to tier 8. (I'm gunning for an IS-3)

More than likely the tanks that are besting you are benefiting more from highly trained crews than they are gold. I hadn't realized until recently that once you're crews hit 100% they get another secondary skill to start improving on. Some of the items you can put on your tank, faster reload, faster aiming, can make a huge difference as well.

The grind can be brutal though, if you never buy any gold and so don't get that xp boost from having a premium acct from time to time then I find that the grind is extremely tedious. I really like how you can buy a premium acct by the day if you want to, 250 gold I believe. That is $1.25. To me playing a lot for a day or two and earning lots of xp is more enjoyable than playing more matches each earning less xp.

Gold is almost required to advance past tier 7 though, the amount of xp you need to buy the tanks let alone the equipment to make them good is ridiculous to consider earning with a free account.

But it's not quite what you think, the gold isn't to buy ammo, it's to convert XP from other tanks. Something I didn't realize about WoT is that they built it so you'd play all the classes at once. You can play with one tank the whole time but that becomes very annoying. Once you research everything a particular tank has to offer it becomes "elite". This means that any xp you earn can be used to convert to "free xp" which can be used on any tank.

In practice this means you'll have a better time if you have a tank in each class or at least several tanks maxed out. Don't sell your old tanks, fully research the one you like and keep using them. Then when you jump into the game you'll have 4 or 5 tanks that all earn double xp on that first battle.

The hook is that converting xp costs gold. So if each of your elite tanks has 1000xp sitting in there you can convert that all to free xp for a fee in gold. (it's very affortable in my experience, I want to say 400 is to convert 10k experience?)

I don't know if you can tell but I like this game.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo