Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within

The Bethesda Blog announces The Evil Within is the game they've been teasing all week, making winners of all those who speculated that this was about a new survival/horror franchise from Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami and Tango Gameworks, the developer Bethesda purchased in 2010. There's an The Evil Within Debut Trailer on IGN, a live-action clip showing we are dealing with an entity so evil it hand-crafts its own barbed wire, and word is IGN will have further details on this on Monday. No gameplay is shown (unless this is an FMV game), and no system logos are included. The game has a Facebook page, a Twitter feed, an Instagram account, and a blog on tumblr, the last of which reveals this is coming to PC as well as consoles next year:

Shinji Mikami, the father of survival horror, is back to direct The Evil Within a game embodying the meaning of pure survival horror. Highly-crafted environments, horrifying anxiety, and an intricate story weave together to create an immersive world that will bring players to the height of tension. The Evil Within is in development for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation3 computer entertainment system, PC and next generation consoles and is slated for release in 2014.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

48. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 20, 2013, 05:47 Quinn

Spektr wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 15:09:
I cant believe what I am reading!!! Shinji Mikami is called the father of survival horror??? Sorry but French game maker Frederick Raynal creator of Alone in the dark invented the genre...

It's just marketing nonsense. If anything just mentioning Resident Evil in a new survival-horror game announcement is the absolute LAST thing you should do for people who share my opinion. Apart from RE1, there entire franchise is a freaking joke. Umbrella, uber-zombies.. piss off.

If this man knows how to write horror, he has yet to show it in my book.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo