Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Warframe Open Beta Begins

The GeForce Website announces that open beta testing is now underway for Warframe, Digital Extremes' free-to-play multiplayer shooter. They offer a new Warframe PhysX Trailer showing how the game favors their hardware, and explain how the open beta works, since it's not yet announced on the Warframe website.

Today, Warframe enters into open beta, which is generally regarded by gamers as a free-to-play game’s official launch as all can play without invitation or the need for a beta key. “If you want to be a super-powered space ninja,” says Dave, “you should join. If you like frantic third-person action, you should join. If you like to see sci-fi take a unique visual direction, if you like guns, or if you like swords, you should join.”

If you do join you’ll discover a highly entertaining co-op shooter with advanced graphics, topped off with a variety of hardware-accelerated PhysX effects, like those shown in our video below, which add to the sci-fi spectacle.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

8. Re: Warframe Open Beta Begins Mar 21, 2013, 18:55 bigspender

PHJF wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 18:42:
What's the fuckin point of this game? Cooping through a bunch of pointless missions?

Gee I dunno, maybe people like to play games because its fun? You could easily say that ALL games are pointless - and in reality yes they are. but its fun to play them, especially with a handful of friends and another handful of beer

And this game is REALLY quite fun, for starters its fast - well if you want it to be. Its a refreshing experience.

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 14:33:
Lol, that's cute. It's just a bunch of crap on the screen obscuring your vision which everyone will disable, if they were even capable of running it in the first place (Herro, AMD?). Stuff like that has no place whatsoever in a competitive game unless you make it mandatory.

Its a coop / single player game. Some people with even AMD cards end up buying a low/medium end Nvidia card (or just keep their old one) to run physX.
Its a nice little bonus.

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo