Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

The Seattle Times - Video-game industry not to blame for gun violence.
Just like any other form of entertainment, there are a vast number of video-game choices. Donít throw the whole industry under the bus because of a few games that happen to be violent. And even with those games, there is no proof that violent video games lead to violent acts.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

139. Re: Op Ed Mar 21, 2013, 17:25 RollinThundr

Quboid wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 17:18:
RollinThundr wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 17:02:
Quboid wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 16:30:
Weasel wording is wording that's true, but leaves a false impression. Saying there was voting fraud in the 2 elections he won is true, but it implies that there wasn't voting fraud in other elections and that the voting fraud had the slightest jot of relevance.

The left is generally against it? Perhaps because it's totalitarian, more likely, as GOP officials have admitted, because it's designed to stop legitimate voters who have difficulty getting photo ID from voting - voters with low education and who don't speak English as a first language. Voters who overwhelmingly vote Democrat. That's voter fraud which could actually make a difference. Why haven't they been made accountable?

Edit: I see you've now moved the goal posts from photo ID to absentee ballots. Handy.

LOL you need a picture ID for a ton of day to day shit as is. Don't give me the flimsy it's "too hard to get one" excuse. That's the biggest bowl of bullshit. If you can't make the effort to stand in line at the DMV for an hour or less, then you don't fucking deserve the right to vote.

Voting law opponents contend these laws disproportionately affect elderly, minority and low-income groups that tend to vote Democratic. Obtaining photo ID can be costly and burdensome, with even free state ID requiring documents like a birth certificate that can cost up to $25 in some places. According to a study from NYU's Brennan Center, 11 percent of voting-age citizens lack necessary photo ID while many people in rural areas have trouble accessing ID offices. (source)

So you're telling me the elderly have gone through life without a legitimate ID? You're telling me low income groups can't make the fucking effort to get an ID? They certainly have no issue getting an EBT card. It's fucking bullshit brother.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo