Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

52. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 14, 2013, 01:08 Jivaro

It says exactly what I said it did. Atheists, by definition, do not believe in god, gods...otherwise known as "deities". I fail to see how that varies from what I said it would.

I am not saying atheists are acting like anything. I believe other people were arguing about that. I did reference Dawkins, but only in reference to what was mentioned about him before. Previous to this discussion I was not very informed about the man and had to Google him to make sure I was thinking of the right person. All I am saying is that atheists do believe in something they can't actually prove, and I think that qualifies as faith. How they act varies from person to person I would imagine.

Lastly, I understand your point about the language however if everyone is going to decide to debate these types of issues I don't see how you can have a discussion of any value unless certain definitions are agreed upon. I mean, just look at this thread.

When I was younger, people asked me what I believed in, what religion I belonged to. I decided that agnosticism best described my state of being. It still does. Bill Maher on the other hand considers himself an atheist. The difference is easy to explain. If Bill and I were out on a boat fishing and suddenly Jesus appeared..walking across the water to us while making it rain frogs...Bill and I would have two different reactions. His would be "I guess I was wrong", mine would be "so it is true."

This comment was edited on Mar 14, 2013, 01:19.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo