Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

SimCity Marketing Campaign Paused

Electronic Arts is pulling back on online marketing of SimCity as they work to get a handle on issues caused by overworked servers following the launch of the urban planning sequel, which must be played online. Though Amazon has resumed selling the downloadable version of the game after temporarily suspending sales and our bargain-hunting friends at Dealzon point the way to a $12 off offer still in effect on Gamefly, we've been forwarded the following mail from an EA/Origin online affiliate asking them to cease promoting the game for the time being:

EA Origin has requested to pause all SimCity marketing campaigns temporarily, until further notice. We have deactivated all SimCity text links and creative and we ask you to please remove any copy promoting SimCity from your website for the time-being. To be clear we are continuing to payout commissions on all SimCity sales that are referred, however we are requesting that you please stop actively promoting the game. We will notify you as soon as the SimCity marketing campaigns have been resumed and our promotional links are once again live in the Linkshare interface. We apologize for any inconveniences that this may cause, and we thank you for your cooperation.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

58. Re: SimCity Marketing Campaign Paused Mar 9, 2013, 09:41 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 23:45:
It'll probably be from a list of $5 EA games. I'd like to be less cynical but this is the company that said they would give refunds then did exactly the opposite. You can't trust them with anything anymore after this disaster.

Usually when they do this, it's older titles like you suggest. There's prolly a decent city building game buried under the shitty always on DRM, it's a shame EA has been absolutely inept with launching this game.

I just don't know why they need a massive amount of the game to stream from their servers, which is something I didn't realize since I didn't follow the dev cycle of this game aside from watching maybe 1 trailer. There's no reason a Simcity game of all things needs that much reliance on a internet connection.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo