The Steam Community Website announces
all systems are go for a fifth set of titles deemed worthy of inclusion on Steam
by the community. A couple of new productivity applications are included, and here's word on new games which will roll out on the service as they are ready:
The latest games (see all Greenlit games here)
- Anodyne The two-man development team behind Anodyne recently gave away the game on Pirate Bay, sparking a huge surge in votes and attention from the community and press.
- Distance Featured in PCGamers best pc games of 2013 and successfully funded on Kickstarter, Distance is a unique survival racing game where you boost, jump, rotate, and even fly through a chaotic and twisted city.
- Evoland This journey through the history of action/adventure gaming caught our attention early on with their dramatic gameplay video and proved to also be a community favorite, getting voted up the charts in just a month.
- Huntsman:The Orphanage This unconventional survival-horror game has captured the interest of the community by showing a lot of detail, posting gameplay videos and responding frequently to fans.
- Kingdom Rush This highly rated tower-defense mobile game comes to PC and Mac, exciting the gaming press and picking up supporters across the Greenlight community.
- Legends of Dawn This open-world RPG has moved up the Greenlight charts quickly and steadily since being posted at the end of December. Along the way, they almost doubled their funding goal on Kickstarter.
- Organ Trail: Director's Cut This retro zombie survival game brings you back to the days of gaming where your friends lived long enough to die of dysentery.
- Receiver Detailed FPS game that puts you in control of solving puzzles and the mechanics of operating your weapons.
- Surgeon Simulator 2013 This simulation game quickly climbed the charts with their free demo and hilariously tricky gameplay.
- War Thunder This World War II MMO has seen huge success in its open beta, already logging a half-million players and tens of millions of hours played, translating to a huge community of voters on Greenlight as well.
As with past batches, these titles will be released independently in the months ahead, as they complete development and integrate with any of the Steamworks features they are interested in utilizing.