Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play

A post to the Diablo III forums by Blizzard community manager Vaeflare confirms presumptions that the recently announced version of Diablo III for the recently announced PlayStation 4 will not have any sort of cross-platform operability with the Windows edition of the action/RPG sequel:

While we think cross-platform play would be awesome, there are currently no plans to allow connectivity between PlayStation Network and Battle.net (this is pretty standard for most games that have PC and console support). As a result, the characters on your Battle.net account and PlayStation account will also remain separate.

In terms of allowing an analog controller hookup for the PC, we donít have any plans for that kind of support right now. Similarly, since Diablo III for console was designed with a controller in mind, the PlayStation version of Diablo III will not support USB mice or keyboards.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

31. Re: No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play Feb 26, 2013, 10:20 Verno

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 09:40:
[Then you're officially an idiot, as there was a beta test and a demo for people to try. There was no excuse for buying a game you were unsure about. As for the game always being designed around console, that's utter nonsense.

There's really no need for the immature name calling. The beta test and demo were very limited, many people felt one way about one and ended up feeling different about the released product. People had high expectations for a product a decade in the making, some emotion is to be expected.

but I don't understand why it's so popular to hate on it. It's fun, whether you're playing co-op with friends or simply pubbing it; it's constantly updated; it's challenging; the loot constantly has you looking for new gear, etc. I put in about 70hrs into the game and very much enjoyed it. I haven't played it for months but I probably will go back to it, maybe when they release an expansion for it.

My theory is that the game is fun initially but peaks quickly then there is little depth and people get frustrated. It also doesn't bring much new to the table and cuts down on a lot of complexity that people enjoyed in the previous titles. It's also not difficult to see some console concessions in the game, for example the skill selection coincides perfectly with the available inputs on a gamepad. There are quite a few puzzling design decisions that were either simply mistakes or concessions.

I don't think it's honest to say they designed it "around" being a console game but likewise I think it's dishonest to claim the game wasn't affected by the need for an eventual console release.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo