The Activision Community Forum
has details on a new patch recently deployed in the Windows edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops II
. The new version offers multiplayer improvements recently added to the console editions of the military shooter sequel, and there are also patch notes for a bigger update from a couple of days prior that clear up a large list of multiplayer issues. Here are the patch notes:
February 22, 2013 Update for Multiplayer
- Improvements to the Matchmaking System.
- Replaced ping bars with ping numbers.
- Players can set maximum ping in the matchmaking search preferences.
February 20, 2013 Update for Multiplayer and Zombies
- Feature Improvements
- Party Members now appear on the mini map as purple when colorblind assist is turned on.
- Added hint text tool tips for map voter buttons.
- Multiplayer Issues Addressed
- Fixed an issue where players could lose functionality and have a blurry screen after viewing a Gamer Card during the round-ending killcam at the end of the first round of a round-based game.
- Addressed an issue where the player's EMP grenade blast would cancel out the effects of an enemy's EMP.
- Players will no longer fly into the air when knife lunging other players on certain types of inclines.
- Fixed an issue with the Skulls Camo Challenge for the RPG unlocking by using other weapons in conjunction with the RPG.
- Addressed an issue with taking control of an AGR while next to a friendly player causing loss of functionality for firing rockets.
- Resolved an issue where spectating would default to 3rd person even though it had been disabled if the player was previously spectating in 3rd person.
- Resolved an issue with dog spawns in Slums.
- Addressed an issue where players could not link their Twitch account in the Multiplayer Party Lobby Options menu.
- Fixed an issue where the player may not die by the train running over them in Express.
- Players can no longer set their Clan Tag in non-Public Match lobbies if they haven't reached the unlock level for the Clan Tag feature.
- Players with Level 1 profiles will now see their XP bonus in the After Action Report after a League Play match.
- Resolved an issue where the damage feedback sound was not occurring for the Combat Axe or cluster bomb from the Hellstorm Missile.
- Addressed an issue where the UAV Scorestreak was not being called in for Multi-Team Hardcore matches.
- Addressed an issue where the mini map for tablet Scorestreaks would not appear on the tablet under certain round transition conditions.
- Resolved an issue with care packages bouncing unusually high.
- Addressed an issue where players with the Riot Shield could survive dog attacks while prone with the Riot Shield on their back.
- Rapidly pressing the Swap Weapons button no longer inverts the player modelís left hand with the M8A1 equipped.
- Resolved an issue where the lobby score for the winner of a Gun Game match didnít match the ending score of the match.
- Players can now earn the Thief Challenge if they use Black Hat to steal an enemy care package.
- Resolved an issue where the Equipment statistics for the Smoke Grenade were not accurately reflecting in the Combat Record what was achieved in game.
- Addressed an issue with the wrong map appearing in theater lobbies.
- Fixed the team filter in highlight reels for FFA games.
- Fixed issues with the clicking on multiple items while in the Combat Record.
- Addressed issue with not being able to use select fire when having select fire on the same weapon in another class.
- Fixed an issue with the scroll bar in the Calling Cards Menu.
- Gameplay Balancing
- Adjusted the red flash damage indicator when using the Toughness Perk.
- Reduced Guardian damage in Hardcore modes.
- Zombies Issues Addressed
- Disappearing fog addressed in Theater Mode when flying through the laboratory in Tranzit.
- Players will no longer be given momentary control of a character before being put into spectator mode when Hot Joining a Custom Game on Nuketown.
- Player names will now appear above players when in spectate mode upon hot joining a custom Grief game mode.
- Addressed several locations where players can survive a landing in unplayable space.
- Resolved several instances where players could avoid Zombie attacks by hiding in objects around Tranzit
- Addressed an issue with taking screenshots in Theater mode
- Addressed issues with the Buildables system
- Addressed issues where players would say the wrong dialogue