[Feb 15, 2013, 10:16 am ET] - Share - Viewing Comments
The Ubisoft Forums
offer details on a new patch that's now available for Assassin's Creed 3
to update the stealth/action sequel to version 1.03 (thanks Computer and Video Games
). The new version includes some fixes and changes while also paving the way for the upcoming release of The Tyranny of King Washington DLC
for the game. They also have a note for players experiencing PunkBuster problems in the game on how to try to clear these up. Here are the patch notes:
We’ve just launched another patch for Assassin’s Creed III which repairs a few remaining single-player issues, many known multiplayer issues and prepares the game data for the release of our first single-player DLC: The Tyranny of King Washington: The Infamy!
NOTE: If you are a PC player and encounter incompatibility with Punkbuster, please see the following link for details on how to manually update Punkbuster: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ch-1-03-Forums
If problems persist, please refer to this thread for updates:
- Fixed a potential crash in mission “Bridewell Prison” when trying to skip cinematic with Mason.
- Fixed a bug preventing the creation of new Uplay accounts
- Removed the ability to hide pivots during pass-throughs and cinematics
- Added support for “Tyranny of King Washington: The Infamy”
- Fixed potential game data corruption when a DLC download ends while the player is in-game.
- In Wolfpack, a target doesn’t remain stuck on the ground if the player hosting the game leaves while another player is joining at the same time.
- In Wolfpack, some targets that were not visible to players under certain conditions can now be seen correctly.
- In Wolfpack, the radar is not broken under certain conditions anymore.
- In Artifact Assault, Team members can now correctly score when the initial artifact carrier gets killed under certain conditions.
- In Deathmatch, players no longer have lookalikes NPCs unless they use abilities that create lookalikes.
- In Deathmatch, the game no longer crashes in the New York brewery map for a player who used a Decoy while hiding in a group.
- Some players are no longer stuck in rematch after completing a Simple Deathmatch session on the Saint Pierre map.
- Some ladder issues when players left a session during the first minute have been corrected.
- Ladders now update properly upon a full group kick.
- The Independent’s hair when she wears the Wild Cat costume now displays correctly.
- The Strong Man’s white costume, alternative costume and warrior costume now display properly when hiding in a group.
- On Xbox 360, the Uplay icon and unlock conditions for unlockables redeemed via Uplay have been restored.
- Loyalty unlocks are now available on PC.
- Character customization is no longer reset under certain conditions.
- The Wipe ability now correctly works from a distance.
- The timer now properly starts and players can interact with each other prior to the host getting into the session.
- Sound will properly keep playing when trying to watch a video under certain conditions.
- An error message now displays when players attempt to watch DLC videos without having the DLC installed.
- Chasebreakers in the Animus Core map now correctly reopen for team mates.
- Players are no longer stuck on leaving game session screen under certain circumstances.
- When you create a group in a private game, that group now stays the same through different sessions.
Enter the details of the comment
you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at
the bottom of the form.
||Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Patched
||Feb 15, 2013, 16:05
MajorD wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 15:46:
Creston wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 12:56:
MajorD wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 11:15:
Creston wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 10:52:
When it started downloading a 2 frikking GIG update, I figured that was the DLC. But nope, it's just a "patch"...
I figured I'd try another 3rd person game again, so I picked-up Assassin’s Creed for about $7 on Amazon. I've enjoyed for a while, but it seemed to become very repetitive. So, that leads me to my question of AC3; is it any good, or pretty much the same repetition?
The first AC is really repetitive, yeah. The setting is cool, but it's all so samey samey. AC3 isn't really repetitive, as you're doing a ton of different things, but it's chock full of kinda pointless side-stuff.
AC2 is (imo) the best one in the series, and if you like it, Brotherhood is an excellent continuation.
I'd rank them as follows:
Excellent! Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.
I haven't played ac3 yet but I'm some ways through revelation and I totally agree with the ranking. For such a solid engine and pretty enjoyable basic game systems it blows my mind why these games have so much darn padding. They would be EXCELLENT with just a bit less annoying fluff. As is they are merely mediocre to good.
Copyright © 1996-2014 Stephen Heaslip. All rights reserved.
All trademarks are properties of their respective owners.