Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Impire

Paradox Interactive announces Impire is now available, and those interested in purchasing Cyanide Studios Montreal's new strategy game can head over to any of the links provided on this page to pick it up. Here's a new trailer celebrating the release, and here's word:

NEW YORK — February 14, 2013 — Paradox Interactive, a publisher of games and summoner of malodorous fiends, today announced the release of Impire, a new action-strategy title developed by Cyanide Studios Montreal. Impire, which challenges players to build and maintain a sprawling underground lair while managing and commanding an army of demonic minions, is available today on digital distribution channels for $19.99. The game can be purchased at the following link: http://www.impiregame.com/buy

Impire tells the Impudent tale of Baal-Abaddon, an Impatient and Impulsive demon Imprisoned in an Impractical Imp body by the Impotent and Impaired sorcerer, Oscar van Fairweather. The situation is Imperfect, but not Impossible; Baal will have to Improvise to Impress allies, Impede and Impale raiding parties of Impolite heroes, and Improve his Impish body to reclaim his Imperial throne. Okay, we’re done.

Carve out your Impire with crafting and lair construction, assemble your minions into strategic squads, and venture into nearby lands to commit acts of unspeakable evil.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Impire Feb 15, 2013, 07:50 mixma242

I haven't got very far into it, but I can say if you were hoping this is the spiritual successor to Dungeon Keeper you would be very disappointed. The only real similarity is that both games are set in a dungeon, and opponents occasionally come in to try and wreck things.

You have more control over your units, and can do a lot of nice customization to your squads. The number of squads is limited (max of 5 squads, 4 units each), although you can have units that are not in squads. Units will not assist one another unless they are in the same squad, such as your healer will only heal it's squad mates.

The dungeon building aspect is very cookie cutter - rooms are based on blueprints so you can not shape an individual room. The layout and traps are pointless since invaders can dig in anywhere to enter, and every wave comes in at a different location.

The forums are alight with bug reports, and there is no manual. It's hard to know what some stuff even is supposed to do.

Combat is done well. You need a good combination within a squad to really do well, and some of the boss fights are impossible without thinking through your tactics (just trowing numbers at a boss will not work).

All in all it's a decent game for the price. It's not a Dungeon Management sim, it's a squad combat sim with some Dungeon management.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo