Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Video Teases Preorders for Unannounced Game

This trailer takes the buying a pig-in-a-poke principle to a whole new level, as it teases an unannounced game, and concludes offering discounted pre-purchases on the 11 bit studios website. The clip shows a frozen, perhaps future environment, along with the following hype: "The most refined. The most stunning. The most challenging game experience from 11 bit studios." Preorders are 50% off the game's USD $14.99 regular price until February 28th, when more details on what this is about will be revealed. Word is those who pre-purchase will get a Steam key when the game is officially available (release date TBD, estimated to be Q2 of this year), access to the game's multiplayer beta next month, as well as a "secret gift." This page includes a FAQ, explaining how to deal with this if you don't appreciate the mystery: "If you're not sure whether you're willing to pay for the game, we ask that you please just wait until we actually announce it. Sure, you'll pay full price, but this deal is for those brave souls who are willing to jump into the abyss with us and take a chance on a mystery."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: Video Teases Preorders for Unannounced Game Feb 14, 2013, 11:33 Alamar

Verno wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 10:17:
Alamar wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 10:03:
Verno wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 09:37:
So..gambling basically? Weird.

If you like ALL their other games, is it?

It's hard to say because we don't know if this game is like all their other games

Let's go back to a time before Blizzard garnered tons of hatred...

If they had pulled something like this, they would have made millions of sales...

And personally, I think that, the smaller the studio, the more likely their games will have similar feel/humor/etc... Even across genre's. As an example, if this were the Trine developers (I also liked Shadowgrounds)... I might throw money at them sight unseen...

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo