Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Wasteland 2 Trailer

A new Kickstarter update #23 for Wasteland 2 is titled "Without Further Ado...," as it unveils the first gameplay trailer from Wasteland 2, inXile entertainment's upcoming RPG sequel (thanks Techie714 and nin). They provide a very detailed outline of what's in the clip and how it represents the current state of the project. Here's the introductory paragraph:

Without Further Ado... Update #23 Feb. 09, 2013 190 comments We are very proud to provide the first gameplay video of Wasteland 2, which will allow our backers to see how far we've come and how everything is coming together. The usual way of doing things in this industry would see us create a demo specifically for displaying to the press or at game shows, but we're very glad to have been allowed the freedom to create a demo video from an actually playable area, which ensures there's no wasted code. This is a straight video capture of Development Director Chris Keenan playing the game. The only element that is not running in code is the sound effects, as it was faster to do in post, but as you will hear, there is nothing being done audio wise that isn't easily replicated in engine. In fact, we plan to have many more sound effects in the final game than what is heard here.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

54. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 10, 2013, 17:41 eRe4s3r

TheEmissary wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 16:08:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 14:49:
Star Citizen is developed with fan input, how would that work with an update a month? ;p

But you can simply toggle the updates off in Kickstarter...

Might have gotten the conversations mixed up but I was mostly referring to the Wasteland 2 kickstarter.

Teaches me to quote whom I reply to.. heh.. I can never remember to do that. The reply was to Flatline (way way to the top of the thread ;p)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo