Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioWare: Mass Effect 4/ME4 References "A Disservice"

BioWare's Chris Priestly took to the BioWare Social Network to respond to speculation about the next installment in the Mass Effect series of shootery role-playing games (thanks Strategy Informer). In what seems evidence that the era of sequels is hitting a new era of oddness, he suggests calling the fourth installment in the Mass Effect series Mass Effect 4 or ME4 is a "disservice" to the game:

To call the next game Mass Effect 4 or ME4 is doing it a disservice and seems to cause a lot of confusion here. We have already said that the Commander Shepard trilogy is over and that the next game will not feature him/her. That is the only detail you have on the game. I see people saying "well, they'll have to pick a canon ending". No, because the game does not have to come after. Or before. Or off to the side. Or with characters you know. Or yaddayaddayadda. Wherever, whenever, whoever, etc will all be revealed years down the road when we actually start talking about it.

I do not call the game ME4 when I talk about it ever, bucause that makes people think of it more as "what happens after Mass Effect 3" rather than "what game happens next set in the Mass Effect Universe", which is far more accurate at this point. Obviously fans are going to speculate content, character and story until we actually reveal details in the years or months to come as you have almost no actual details, just don't get bogged down in "well how are they going to continue ME3...".

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

36. Re: BioWare: Mass Effect 4/ME4 References Feb 7, 2013, 15:58 PropheT

1badmf wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 15:34:
yeah the problem with SWTOR was that they were trying to steal a slice of the WOW pie. IP had nothing to do with it. they repeatedly ignored warnings that the market was WOW saturated and their clone would fall on its face. any customers they stole from WOW would almost by definition not want more WOW.

I don't know why you would think that. They didn't have any problem selling the game at all; there were more than enough people willing to give it a chance. If anything, the problem isn't that they tried to "steal a slice of the WoW pie" (which couldn't they do even if it wasn't like WoW?), but rather that the game isn't very good.

There wasn't a shortage of people who jumped onboard at launch knowing it was going to be like WoW, they just didn't stay because it wasn't good enough to keep them.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo