Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Plans

NCsoft reveals further details about the first update for Guild Wars 2, which should go live on January 28th in the MMORPG. Here's an overview:

• A new storyline will play out over the coming months, one that all players can enjoy
  • New achievement currency for daily/monthly achievements and new items you can buy with the new currency. There will also be rotating daily achievements every day of the week
  • Guesting to allow playing with friends on different worlds.
  • One Week, Two-Team PvP Tournaments and a new PvP Map permanently added to the rotation
  • Several more game improvements and balancing enhancements

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

17. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 13:32 Verno

Creston wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 13:19:
Can you prophetically state for more games to fail? Because GW2 has sold 3+ million copies to date, and quite a few games could use that kind of love fail.

I don't think there's a reasonable argument to be made that it's anything but a success, they sold a lot of copies and have their little cash shop thingie so I don't doubt they made a handsome profit. Most people seemed pretty happy with it overall going by the forums I frequent anyway. It's not my favorite game ever made but I got a very respectable amount of entertainment out of it and never really felt the usual MMO grind kick in.

To be fair though sales aren't the only barometer. I think they could have done more to keep people playing between expansion packs, once you go through the content there isn't much to do if you don't like PVP. Diablo 3 sold 10 million copies and people consider that game to be very disappointing and it's word of mouth is quite poor. I don't think this is really a similar case but of course everyone has their own opinion.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo