Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Wildman Status Report - GPG Retaining Some Staff?

A new update to the Kickstarter campaign for Wildman has another video from Gas Powered Games honcho Chris Taylor offering the latest on attempts to fund the action/RPG which will ostensibly save the company from the financial abyss that's already resulted in some layoffs. Chris speaks of being encouraged by the progress towards their funding goal and discusses their efforts at getting the word out with more updates later this week, including details on "Project Mercury" (not to be confused with the identical codename for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning), which he says "is the platform we hope to deliver the modules on," suggesting a further explanation would be useful. On a related note, we got a note from a reader saying a friend at Gas Powered Games was asked to stay on for another month when he went to clean out his desk yesterday. This unconfirmed report also says there are other employees who are voluntarily working on this project to see how things shake out.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

12. Re: Wildman Status Report - GPG Retaining Some Staff? Jan 22, 2013, 13:07 NewMaxx

The video (Update #2) was definitely sincere, the guy was holding back tears for crying out loud. Anybody who knows him knows that he's a pretty stand-up guy known in the industry for his sincerity; aka, the Mirror Universe's Molyneux.

Nevertheless, it seems like it would have been more sensible to tell everybody to take a month vacation to see how it turned out, with the option to volunteer. It seems like it ended up that way, anyway, indicating he was between a rock and a hard place and not sure where to go.

I'm confident they'll make the funding either way (most Kickstarter gaming projects of this magnitude make almost a third of their pledges in the final 72 hours), but I do tend to agree that it seems people consistently under-estimate their realistic targets. For example, you had that one guy just barely miss the target who flipped out and blamed the gamers, and Molyneux's "disappointment."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo