Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Wildman Footage

The Kickstarter page for Wildman offers a second update about Gas Powered Games' proposed evolutionary action/RPG. They respond to requests to see the game in action with Video Update #1 showing prototype gameplay and featuring Chris Taylor overcoming his camera shyness to answer further inquiries about their plans. Oddly the in-game footage is shot second-hand off a monitor, allowing us to pretend this is leaked shakycam footage of an E3 presentation or something illicit like that.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

2. Re: Wildman Footage Jan 18, 2013, 17:03 Darks

jdreyer wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 16:18:
Single player emphasis, then coop, no DRM. Unknown if it will be on Steam, but CT said he'd put the game whereever people wanted it.

He's doing all the right things, but
1) the artstyle is very TL2 and
2) The gameplay also looks like TL2 with some RTS elements
3) I just don't know if I'm all that enamored with the whole prehistoric setting.

Sup Com 3, please? With customizable units and weapons? DON'T MAKE ME BEG!!!

Unfortunately, you may have to beg for SC3, I think the only way this will happen is if Square Enix has them develop it since he sold off the IP. SupCom 2 isnít bad, it has good and bad, but I love the large maps and the really large scale battles this game gives you. Unfortunately SupCom 1 has a bad pathing engine that makes that game un-playable after about two hours in.

Iím hoping he gets to do Sup Com again, if this game doesnít generate some cash flow for them. It could be the end of GPG. And that would be bad. Heís one of the few dedicated game developers that wants to make really good pc games but money is always an issue.

Yes, he has had some bad press on a few of his games, but believe me that is not all his doing. I know some people are bagging on them about Age of Empires Online. But he did not develop this game. They took it over and finished it.

DemiGod that was a good game for the type of game it was. More like a trimmed down version of LOL.
Space siege, blame Sega for that one, they said hereís some money; you got one year to complete it. Disgusting what Publishers do to Devs and how they get treated.

Iím going to support them, I donated to their cause. I donít want to see them go under. He does want to finish Kings and Castles, but it would cost around 5 Mill to complete that project. Money GPG does not have.

Why do I know so much, itís because Chris is a good friend of mine. so yes I will support them as much as possible.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo