Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs

Irrational Games has details about PC support in BioShock Infinite, their upcoming first-person shooter sequel. They discuss the ability to use the mouse and keyboard or one of three different setups for traitors using controllers. There are also details on graphics, including support for DirectX 11, noting that the game's "unadulterated, full-resolution textures" result in a three DVD installation, saying they "hope you will appreciate the jaw-dropping detail our amazing team of artists lavished on the game." This also reveals PC specifications, both minimum and recommended:

MINIMUM

• Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO 2.4 GHz / AMD Athlon X2 2.7 GHz
  • Memory: 2 GB
  • Hard Drive: 20 GB free
  • Video Card: DirectX10 Compatible ATI Radeon HD 3870 / NVIDIA 8800 GT / Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics
  • Video Card Memory: 512 MB
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

RECOMMENDED

• Processor: Quad Core Processor
  • Memory: 4 GB
  • Hard Drive: 30 GB free
  • Video Card: DirectX11 Compatible, AMD Radeon HD 6950 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
  • Video Card Memory: 1024 MB
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

28. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 15, 2013, 16:37 Beamer

Jerykk wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 16:24:
Beamer wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 13:45:
Verno wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 13:34:
Just my 2 cents, I don't think Crysis necessarily looks better, I just thought his response was bizarre. Far Cry 3 with MSAA is pretty impressive but I don't see why he thought another game competing with it visually was so dubious. Bioshock for its time was a pretty good looking game and I'd wait to see this at least before passing judgment.

He didn't mock that anything could look as good as FC3, he mocked that FC3 "doesn't even look that great."

I haven't played it, but from the videos I've seen that's a very high standard for not "that great."

Play it. The game looks nice outside (when you turn off SSAO) but the interior lighting just looks broken (this is particularly noticeable in dark caves and ruins). Maybe it's just a DX11 issue or something but it looks really bad.

As a whole, FC3 is a nice-looking game but I wouldn't call it great-looking. I definitely don't think it looks better than Infinite based on what I've seen of both.

Oh, it's on my list. After XCOM. And, probably, Homefront. I think those are my next two PC games, if only because I have them installed. XCOM I'm dying to play. Homefront... I got it for $3 and kind of want to see how bland it is. That's a game I expect to put about 2.5 hours into, and use its bland tastelessness to cleanse the palette between Borderlands 2 and anything else.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo