Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout 4 Tease?

The Twitter feed for Erik Todd Dellums has clues from the voice actor that seem to reveal plans for Fallout 4 or some other future installment in the Fallout post-apocalyptic RPG series. This tweet suggests we can expect a return of Three Dog, his DJ character from the game: "To all my #Fallout3 and #ThreeDog fans: There may be more of the Dog coming! Fingers crossed!" A subsequent tweet says he has been authorized to blab like this: "How was that for a tease! I was given permission to release that tease, so fingers crossed." Thanks VGU via No Mutants Allowed.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

78. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 14, 2013, 16:03 descender

A large part of this discussion has revolved around the writing and the graphics and the quest lines... am I the only one that is completely turned off by their "everything levels with you" system, or the gunplay/combat in general?

There is rarely ever any real danger, or areas that you have to completely avoid. FO:NV "seemed" to be moving in the right direction with some really dangerous areas to avoid (more so due to the annoyance of fighting 5 deathclaws at once, not that the combat is any good anyway), but then Skyrim was a complete step backwards. It took the same number of hits to kill dragons at level 5 that it did at level 50+. The same thing happens in the FO games, where enemy health and your damage all seemingly scale at the same rate, giving you the same exact boring gameplay from level 1 through the end of the game.

The entire "level up skills as you use them" inevitably results in boring jack-of-all-trades characters. Isn't his why everyone killed Diablo 3? Because the character progression was a joke? Well, i submit that player progression in Bethesda RPG's (from Oblivion on) is a complete joke too.

Heck, FO:NV was so broken that all you had to do was use a sniper rifle and a shotgun. There was almost no reason to use anything else. Neither FO3 or NV had any reason to use the big guns, like the fatboy or whatever... they were mainly just there for the "wow" factor.

Their combat and progression systems play much better in the fantasy setting. I'm sure the VATS system works really well and is probably necessary for anyone to play the game with a gamepad... but who ever presses that button on the PC? It's entirely too easy to headshot everything in these games already, and the lack of variety in enemy types is just depressing. hey look it's mob x, I better shoot it in the head. Even Borderlands, which I HATE... had different critical areas of enemy mobs to aim for.

So, I'm not excited for Fallout 4 at all, unless they are going to seriously re-vamp some gameplay systems they have not changed in 4-5 games now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo