Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Standalone DayZ DelayZ

The DayZ Blog has an update on the planned standalone game based on the popular Day Z modification for Arma II, Bohemia Interactive's military first-person shooter. Admitting defeat of the original plan to release the game before the end of 2012, the update discusses what they still have to work on before the game is done, saying they will release a closed test for 500-1000 testers "imminently," noting this "will be focused purely on architecture, not the game design." They say following the test they will reschedule the game's release. Thanks MajorD.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

22. Re: On Standalone DayZ DelayZ Jan 8, 2013, 07:17 TheVocalMinority

Quboid wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 19:41:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 18:56:
Quboid wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 18:17:
I got Arma2:CO in the Christmas sales - what is up with the mouse movement? There seems to be mouse deceleration, the faster I try to turn the slower my character turns.

I know it's not a twitch shooter but if this is for realism then it's seriously misguided. You can still turn unrealistically fast by cranking up the sensitivity.

It's hard to put my finger on it but mouse handling seems deeply flawed. Is this just me?

Have you tried turning "aiming deadzone" all the way down? options->game options>aiming deadzone

turns off the "float" feeling you might be talking about.

I've done that. I've also played with the sensitivity settings in game (which is very hard to set, as turning speed is inversely proportional to mouse speed) and turned my Windows mouse settings down from low acceleration to none.

The only cfg hack I've found is to set (something like) GPU Frames Ahead to 1, which I've done. I think it reduced lag, but it didn't eliminate it and didn't affect the deceleration issue.

I've got the same issue, but it hasn't stopped me from enjoying the game immensely. Would be interested in a config setting to get rid of it though.

One thing that makes life a lot easier is that you have the ability in Arma2 to look around without moving your gun (I've got it set to toggle on my "last page" mouse button) and when you do this the slow down effect disappears. Kind of makes sense really it is just a bit unintuitive for those of us who grew up with Quake and the like.

Assley Putz
"Was vocalminority assley putzs most recent handle?"
-nin May 16, 2012, 10:52
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo