Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

21. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 7, 2013, 19:55 RollinThundr

Axis wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 19:37:
Rollin I agree with your politics, but you are wrong about the Wii U's architecture power - the initial copy pasted articles talking about clock speeds are nub blog repeats. Plenty of articles out there that explain why they're so wrong.

Here's a snippet from frozenbyte (who also happen to be top notch devs):

Q: When asked about whether there were any difficulties in porting Trine 2 over to Wii U, despite it having a slower clock speed to the Xbox 360 and PS3, Frozenbyte said:

"“None whatsoever…The whole architecture is running very well and we were able to ramp the Trine 2 art to a higher degree than with the other consoles.” So for porting no issues at all and there is a nice base for future original development too. Maybe some were looking for a larger leap in terms of pure power, but in the end I believe most developers will be quite comfortable with the system.”"

There's nothing 'better' than 1080p at the moment and foreseeable future for consoles. You want hardware to be able to pull it off with lots of crap going on, but also pull off the physics, ai, and everything else. It does it much better than older consoles even in the early stage where devs havent figured out how to pull out all the stops. It will have no problem keeping up with the future consoles. And the controller tech is just plain killer, looking forward to more titles that use it well.

And the elephant in the room? 'Graphics' has plateaued, fact.

The majority of people who hate on the Wii U would regardless of what it brought to the table -- they're already sold on Halo 8 and COD 27 on their future Xbox 720 and PS4 and nothing will sway them.

On paper specs are great, in practice Wii U games look worse than their PS3/360 counterparts. I don't hate Nintendo at all, I'm just not their target audience. I grew up with the NES, I liked Mario and the like back then, kiddie games even if they play well, which I'm sure Mario most likely still does, just aren't interesting to me anymore.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo