Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well, we're on take-two of our car situation after our mechanic replaced the switch that turns the dome light on and off when the driver-side door is opened and closed. He charged the battery and let it sit overnight and says it didn't lose any voltage, and it started fine today when we tried it, so maybe this was fixed that easily. It will be neat if it was, as it cost all of $65.00 (not counting a new battery) after we were concerned that we had developed one of those electrical gremlins that ends up requiring the car being replaced, which doesn't seem implausible for a ten-year-old car.

Cheap Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Central Alien Agency.
Zombie Exterminator - Level Pack.
Links: Outrageous HSBC Settlement Proves the Drug War is a Joke. Thanks Cutter.
Stories: "Doctor Who" Gets 50th Anniversary E-Shorts. Asked for iShorts.
Atlanta airport diverted by toothbrush. Thanks Slashdot.
Science: How My Foolproof Scientific System Got Us Onto The Price Is Right. Thanks nin.
Nanoparticles reboot blood flow in brain.
Media: Video about ESD both shocking and funny.
Every Pop Culture Reference from Tarantino Movies. NSFW.
Compressorhead Ace of Spades. Thanks HARDOCP.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

15. Re: Now you see that evil will always triumph.. because good is dumb Jan 6, 2013, 05:58 Jack9

Fraud and Drug financing are comparatively minor issues, to an unstable economy where sudden inflation, due to a credit freeze -> due to major institutions being unable to lend (in the giant credit ponzi scheme) -> cause rioting, mass starvation, and economic collapse across all major US cities. HSBC is one of the NEWER institutions that still has a good credit rating to keep other institutions afloat. Remember when HSBC first started sending out preapproved credit cards back in 2005ish?

Although Richard Wolff has a large number of talks on youtube (basically variations on the same points), he's been telling the same tale for decades and was in the meetings in NYC where federal regulators "bailed out" the financial sector in 2007 and 2008 and 2009... etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-KqeU8nzn4 - Knowing why can't help the US when the politicians are told how to vote against the public interest.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo