Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Sale Encore This Weekend

Steam News announces that this weekend will be an encore for their 2012 Holiday Sale, where they will reprise some of the best deals offered during the annual extravaganza. The encore weekend kicks off at 1:00 pm EST tomorrow and will run through 1:00 pm EST on Monday. They also announce the daily deals for day sixteen of the sale:

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

40. Re: Steam Sale Encore This Weekend Jan 5, 2013, 16:18 Dev

Dev wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 21:05:
Remember, tomorrow (5th) is the day to check through all the stuff thats on sale on steam but not front page. I noticed a ton of stuff on my wishlist is on sale, lots for 50% or 75%, stuff that never got front page exposure for steam sales.
I suddenly got an urge to check end times for some of the non front page sales. Turn out they END on the morning of the 5th. Good thing I checked. I got a few more items that were under $5.

I dunno why steam would do that, rerun the front page stuff but not all the THOUSAND PLUS items that were on sale that weren't front page. They seriously had almost everything on sale.

And typical steam, they made it basically impossible to see all the sale items in a single list. I ended up sorting it to price and looking at everything under $5. That was already 30+ pages of stuff.
Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 14:45:
jacobvandy wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 13:19:
So the Encore sale just started... Some of the prices are messed up, like discounts not being applied when they should (0% off a lot of things). But also, one of yesterday's deals seems to have been erroneously enhanced: Sleeping Dogs for $4.50 (91% off). I've snatched up a couple copies for my inventory before they fix it!

Lol you're kidding me!
Not unusual with big valve sales to have issues and mistakes like that.

BTW, if anyone has an extra copy they'd like to sell, I'd pay $10 for one.

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2013, 17:55.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo