Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

The following is Valve's accounting of the 10 bestselling games on Steam for this past week:

1. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. The Walking Dead
  4. Borderlands 2
  5. Far Cry 3
  6. Arma II: Combined Operation
  7. THQ Collection
  8. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  9. Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package
  10. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2012, 20:33 Jerykk

Quinn wrote on Dec 30, 2012, 19:37:
Thanks jacobvandy and Jerykk!

I almost hit the add to cart button on Dark Souls, until the guy after you mentioned the horribly keyboard & mouse feel. I guess I need to explore the reception of DS some more before I decide.

Jarykk, very interestimg what you wrote! BUT... is it just me or is the trial & error thing in stealth games kinda what makes them interesting? As a matter of fact In games Like Deus Ex 3 I didnt buy the upgrades that make you see vision cones and the radial sound feedback thing. The NOT knowing how much noise you can or shouldnt make adds to the immersion and fun of stealth. Dear god do I hope Thief 4 won't have all that stuff MotN has...

But for a 2d game it sounds fun! Will buy it!

I think the fun in stealth games comes from observing enemy positions and patrols, formulating a plan to sneak past them and then executing that plan. While I do like testing the limits of AI, I don't particularly enjoy it when I get screwed because of some tiny miscalculation in terms of AI detection range. For example, in Hitman Absolution, you can run while crouched but you never really get a clear sense of how much noise you're making. You just kinda have to guess and if you guess wrong, sucks for you, now restart the level. If a game has quicksave, I don't have an issue with trial and error but if there are sparse checkpoints or I have to restart the level, anything that minimizes trial and error is ideal.

Sad to see all the repeating sales. Hoping for a good Fallout New Vegas sale...!

New Vegas has been on sale like 500 times over the past few years... how cheap do you want it to go? I believe it's gone as low as $5 before (non-Ultimate edition). GMG currently has the regular edition for $7 if you use this coupon code: GMG30-DPLIM-DN831. Considering that FNV is the best RPG since Arcanum and has 100+ hours of gameplay, that's a pretty good deal.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/fallout-new-vegas/

This comment was edited on Dec 30, 2012, 20:42.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo