Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: etc. Dec 28, 2012, 13:23 Jivaro

Dmitri_M wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 11:58:
How is it "too late" if he's made money off of this.

Because the damage isn't measured by how much money he made off of this, it is measured by how money he leaves on the table by screwing this up so badly. Imagine how many sales, and how many micro-transactions, this game has if he just handles this a bit better. Or perhaps imagine if most of these issues hadn't existed in the first place. Sure, he made money off of this most likely...but this mess is causing him to most likely walk away with significantly less then this game was capable of generating. He knows it, and so does everyone else that either invested or had a stake in the profit sharing. This fiasco has caused damage to his professional name as well I would imagine.

As for the apology, I didn't expect him to write one himself and he clearly didn't. At least not all by himself. That was probably for the best, so I won't hold it against him. Unfortunately this apology, regardless of who is responsible for it, is a bit late. References such as the "the vocal minority" come across to me as a passive aggressive way of saying "enough of you bitched loud enough for Steam to make us pull the plug". I know other people aren't going to feel the same way, but I read the interviews and watched the gameplay videos and basically I have come away feeling like most of this was intentionally misleading and will not give money to anything with this man's name or this company's name on it. I simply don't buy the whole "we didn't do a good enough job of communicating" bullshit.

All of that said, Sergey Titov does at many times throughout this letter take 100% responsibility for the problems. I don't know how much pull Sergey has in this company, but I would not be in the least bit surprised if this letter ends up being his farewell message. It reads very much like he is laying down in front of the tracks and the train is about to come along. Another reason I suspect he didn't write this himself. If he doesn't get fired for whatever reason, I could easily imagine him being removed from this particular game project. It would seem like a wise business move.

This comment was edited on Dec 28, 2012, 16:34.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo