Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Festivus Mobilization

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: Festivus Mobilization Dec 24, 2012, 13:00 Beamer

If the RT is a shitty computer with zero usefulness so is the iPad. Or at least it was at launch. Yet it outsells PCs. So the Microsoft team would have to be fired if they didn't try something. And the RT isn't terrible compared to the iPad. It's lacking apps.
This is less a positive for the RT and a negative for the iPad.

How are any of the other competitors better than the RT. Many, if not most, of the RT reviews said it was fine, other than the lack of apps. It isn't iPad quality, but nothing can be at launch. Sorry, no 1st generation product competes with 3rd or 4th generation products. It takes a while.

Salespeople wouldn't have had a chance. Headlines would have been "Microsoft iPad competitor is twice the price - Microsoft fail."

Listen, I'm not saying the RT is a great product, or that they made great choices. I'm saying that people acting like it's so clearly stupid and they're so stupid and blah blah blah. It isn't as clear cut as you guys make it and it isn't as simple to succeed as you guys pretend. It's not a great product. The decisions made haven't worked out. But it isn't like there was a clearly intelligent path and a clearly stupid path and they went down one. It's easy to sit here and backseat quarterback but I'd guess that if most of you had been on these teams you would have fully backed the idea to make a very well built iPad competitor and hit with it first.

Again, I am not saying what they did was right. I'm not saying that the Surface is a good product. I'm saying this isn't nearly as obviously dumb as people like to claim. Few things often are.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo