Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Q: How many Verizon customer service reps does it take to change a phone number? A: We don't know, we haven't gone through enough of them yet. After three full working days, Verizon has still not managed to assign the right number to one of our phone lines. Here's a paraphrase of an actual conversation (an hour after I started by asking for a supervisor and getting roped into letting him try): Him: "We have to send another technician to fix this." Me: "If you had to change the number of the line I'm talking to you on, would you have to send anyone?" Him: "No." Me: "Okay, I need to speak to your supervisor." Him: "Mr. Jones will call you back in 24-48 hours." Me: "I need to speak with your disconnection department." Disconnection department: "Please give us thirty minutes and we promise to get this all taken care of." (without having to send a tech). So far they are about 18 hours over and counting on their 30 minute fix. I'd like to think they care that I am recounting their incompetence online, but it really seems like they don't really care much about anything.

Here is what I can piece together of the disorganized postings of last week's NFL picks: Verno 12-4, Creston 11-5, Mag 11-3-? (skipped a pick and selected Dolph Lundgren), Blue and Jivaro 9-7, Cutter 9-6 (skipped a pick), Rigs 8-8, and Batman 8-6 (can't find two of his picks). Here's what my dartboard came up with for this week: Falcons, Packers, Texans, Buccaneers, Redskins, Saints, Chargers, Panthers, Dolphins, Steelers, Patriots, Colts, Broncos, Giants, Bears, and Seahawks.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Berzerk Ball 2.
Science: Squeeze returns breast cancer cells to normal. Thanks Wraith.
Media: A Leap of Faith.
It's All An Illusion.
Are Cats Better DJs Than Dogs? {Scientific Evidence}.
Birds take over Walmart. Seagulls. The universal symbol of hygiene.
The Funnies: Wrong Place, Wrong Time Cartoon - Savage Chickens.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 20:29 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 19:08:
mag wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 17:32:
Alright, here we go. Nothing clever, this time. Just some straight up (terrible) picks.

Falcons, Raiders, Dolphins, Bengals, Patriots, Colts, Cowboys, Redskins, Rams, Chargers, Packers, Texans, Broncos, Bears, Giants, 49ers.

Lots of hard games this week. Steelers are falling apart, but the Bengals can't win against Pittsburgh at home. Rams vs. Bucs is... hard. Giants vs. Ravens? Which good-but-collapsing team will win? Ugh. Rooting for a Ravens loss just because it'll help the Bengals. 49ers vs. Seahawks should probably be wild.

Pats, Packers, Broncos seem like the only sure things, this week.

I'd call the Falcons, Redskins, and 49ers a lock as well.

I swear if the Giants lose another one like last week I'll...I'll!...ah, who am I kidding, I'll whine and complain like a little girl like always... Sigh

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 18:25:
crypto wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 17:47:
Having worked at a Cingular call center in the past (the horror) I can attest to that business practice. Call center reps are barely trained to the point where they no longer drool on the keyboard. The technically minded and experienced reps were encouraged to answer forum posts in between calls.

Oh wow, you too, eh? I worked in the Ocala, FL call center in mid-2003. I can definitely confirm what you're saying. I had three weeks of 'training', in a class of over 30. The first week on 'the floor' we lost 10 right off the bat. My 'team' was hardest hit as me and one guy were the only ones left. I had NO idea WHAT THE HELL I WAS DOING! None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Zero! They taught us things in class that NEVER came up in the real world (like advanced physics and calculus to be a taxi driver). They gave us two 'real life' calls and let us sit in with other reps for some calls while the teachers disappeared. I couldn't ask anything and the guy I was with was either a complete asshole or was trying to show off. He was an absolute dick to everyone he talked to and then would smirk and giggle about it after. My teacher tried to do his best but some of us were just really untrainable. I left after two months when I got sent to the ER for exhaustion (not from the job but other life issues at the time) and then back in the hospital a little later for a bad case of the Flu. They didn't give me any leeway on the sick days and I used a whole years worth in a week or so. I actually got into a major argument with the staff 'upstairs' about this and my final paycheck and wouldn't leave until it was settled, on a Saturday, which meant the district manager had to come in to sign it. Too fuckin' bad. I never went back after that. The only thing he cared about was getting back to his golf game.

On top of all that, your calls (ALL of them) were recorded and gone through and graded. Supposedly, every quarter they would sit you down and go through some of them. Now this might be a good way to work out any problems that come up but I didn't like being 'on a leesh'. Plus, I had a problem with taking calls personally, which is a major no-no apparently. My 10 year customer service career ended with that job, I'll never do another...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo