Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I mentioned recently that our phone outage following Sandy has lead to a FiOS install here, as Verizon is not going to get around to repairing copper outages for months. After a little confusion about our install date, the guy is actually here on a Sunday (they must be super busy, as he also mentioned that there may be a wait for a cherry picker since they are so backed up). Presuming this goes smoothly (which has not always been the case with this service) we are going from a ridiculous amount of bandwidth (36 Mbps) to an even more ridiculous amount of bandwidth (75 Mbps). It's hard to imagine being able to tell the difference, though I will certainly try my best. I'm a little nervous about relying on VOIP for phone service, but the weather-related outages on our landline were so frequent that this will probably end up being more reliable anyway.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Super Santa Kicker 3.
Science: Australia plans drill of ancient Antarctic ice core.
Saber-toothed cat fossils found near Las Vegas.
Media: INAPPROPRIATE JINGLE BELLS.
Garbage Men Having Fun With Foosball Table.
The Funnies: EXTRALIFE Pinball Wizard.
Not-Ready-for-Prime-Time FoxTrot.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2012, 15:03 Creston

mag wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 14:37:
I didn't even think the interference call was much bullshit.

60 yard pass to receiver who trips over his own feet into the end zone, and the Patriots get the ball on first and goal at the 1 because of a blind ref, and you don't think that call was bad?

Pass interference in the NFL is fucking bullshit. NO penalty should be worth 60 fucking yards. You can break both Brady's legs in individual instances, then go back and literally rip his head off by the face mask, and you'd get 45 yards in penalties. But a guy tripping over his own fucking feet gets 60?

The NFL has FINALLY wisened up to their previous bs overtime rules, can't they take another flyer from the college game and just go with 15 yards for pass interference? Or, failing that, don't call pass interference beyond 15 yards unless TWO referees clearly see the infraction. The blind dipshit in the end zone clearly couldn't see it, because the defender was right behind the receiver in that case.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo