Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. License Sold

The license for the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series of first-person shooters has been acquired by bitComposer Entertainment, following the collapse of former license holder GSC Game World. Here's word:

bitComposer Entertainment AG has acquired the exclusive worldwide rights for future video game adaptations of the acclaimed S.T.A.L.K.E.R. brand from Boris Natanovich Strygatsky. This is the second strong international license that the Eschborn-based company has acquired within the space of a few years, and this move ensures that the successful series will continue. Further details will be released shortly.

“The acquisition of the S.T.AL.K.E.R. license serves as an important cornerstone for the further international orientation of bitComposer Entertainment AG,” says Stefan Weyl, member of the bitComposer Entertainment AG executive board. “For us, this brand represents a bridge to an important segment of triple-A products and a milestone in the history of the company. We would like to express our gratitude to Boris Natanovich Strygatsky.”

“S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a reputable brand with a long history of success. To date, the series has sold many millions of units worldwide,” says Wolfgang Duhr, member of the bitComposer Entertainment AG executive board. “Naturally, we’d like to tap into the success of this series, and we see a great deal of potential for the future.”

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

17. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. License Sold Dec 12, 2012, 13:17 theyarecomingforyou

I really enjoyed SoC and CS - the former for its scare factor; the latter for its narrative focus and better AI - but CoP did nothing for me, as they dialled back the graphics and they simply hadn't done anything to advance the formula. The genre had simply moved on and playing through a rehashed version of the previous two games was a real grind.

I'd love to see a proper sequel with a new engine and more refined gameplay, as it's certainly a compelling brand. It's a shame that they made such a mess of development - I imagine that running years behind schedule with the original game was probably responsible for most of their financial troubles, while the technical issues that plagued the series must have put off a lot of people.

Metro 2033 was a much more polished and narratively driven game, created from a splinter group that worked on the original STALKER. It's a complete different genre of game but it was much better than CoP. I'm really looking forward to Metro: Last Light.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo