Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

The Secret World Subscriptions Now Optional

Following a hint on Monday, Funcom announces it has removed the subscription requirement from The Secret World, and the MMORPG can now be played online for just the cost of the game. "With this recent change there is no reason not to join and take part in ‘The Secret World’," says Game Director Joel Bylos. "Most players end up having a ton of fun once they delve into the myths and legends of 'The Secret World,' and we believe the game has the potential to be even more successful without the subscription entry barrier. It is an ambitious and very exciting move for us!" Word is: "There are no complicated rules or restrictions, no complex matrixes telling you what you can and cannot access. Pay Once, Play Forever – it’s that simple." They note that purchasing the game now will include all the content from the upcoming Issue #5, and this FAQ explains that future content packs will be optional purchases. There is also still the option to purchase a membership, which offers monthly bonus points and game store discounts. Players' remaining subscriptions will be transferred to the new membership program.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

25. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 12, 2012, 20:02 HorrorScope

Slashman wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 11:39:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 11:31:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 11:20:
The problem being without a demo or trial people will still not ever buy it.

I think that is still a very valid point. It's still $30 to try, BtP has that barrier, where FtP does not. Both will try to sell you stuff in their crap shops no matter. So imo if you want the masses to try it FtP is more inviting.

So how does Guild Wars 2 work again?

This wasn't sought after like GW's 2. And I didn't say it can't work, but more will try FtP over BtP all other things being equal. Yes if you can get a lot of people to actually pay for it, BtP is better for the seller.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo