Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

39. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 10, 2012, 22:50 Quboid

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 10, 2012, 22:26:
Quboid wrote on Dec 10, 2012, 21:45:
Why Zynga? Why not EA? Why not Activision? Why not iD Softwareblah blah

Because I don't want any of them to close, despite their flaws.

I don't even understand what your argument is anymore. Is it that I secretly hate the casual market but give popcap some kind of pass? I didn't call for the closure of any other casual studio and last I checked there were way more than two devs. Popcap doesn't hold a candle to Zynga when it comes to stealing ideas.

Casual market ok, Zynga bad. Are we done here now? I certainly am.

Basically, yes. There was a lot of people here who consider casual gaming to be beneath them, no? Am I wrong on this point?

What do you mean "give PopCap some kind of pass"? If you don't know why I think PopCap are getting a free pass, you haven't read the thread. PopCap gets a pass because they're now seen as EA's victim. As mentioned before, criticising EA isn't EA bashing, but rewriting history to make EA look bad is EA bashing.

You might want a word with Verno about bringing up everything bad companies have done. I'm not saying Zynga aren't bad. I'm not saying PopCap is worse than Zynga.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo