Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

35. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 10, 2012, 22:12 Quboid

Verno wrote on Dec 10, 2012, 22:06:
For the record Popcap owns and always has and I've rarely seen anyone air an opinion to the opposite here. Plus when you're making the accusation I'd say the onus is on you, not everyone else but whatever, I'll leave you to...whatever this is then

I posted this as an edit to my earlier post but since you since posted this, it seems applicable here. The onus should be on me, but it's self evident. I thought. This is the crux of why I'm continuing this pointless debate: people seem shocked that I'm suggesting casual gaming wasn't very popular and that genuinely baffles me.

What are you hoping to gain here? I really don't get the point to be honest. Do you want everyone to just bring up every bad thing every company has done to be fair and balanced? Do you work for EA or Zynga? If not who cares? People will never be 100% balanced or fair, that's not human nature and you're not excluded from that either.

Beats me. I wanted to highlight the same snobbery and hypocrisy that floods this site when something that might have a console version gets released. Turns out, hypocrites don't like being called out. To be fair, there are those who did like some PopCap games, more than I thought.

I don't work for EA or Zynga and have never had anything to do with either apart from being an occasional customer. I may never be 100% balanced or fair, but I'm damn well going to try to be. I don't see what the "bring up every bad thing" has to do with things.

On a larger scale, I'm saddened by the way this community is going. Maybe I'm just getting old, but the saying seems very true: never read comments on the internet.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo