Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Tech Bits

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 2, 2012, 17:35 ASeven

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 16:50:
ASeven wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 16:10:
Dades wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 15:33:
The foot into the living room has cost them a lot and given them little in return.

Exactly, and now this is coming to bite them in the ass as people dump Windows8 for other platforms or simply stick with Win7. The traction MS wanted to gain over Apple will not happen and what will happen instead is that they realize far too late that Windows was and always will be their bread and butter and not consoles. Add to this the terrible direction that Win8 is moving towards and the sales numbers, the real ones, showing Win8 is doing far less sales than Vista did, and the nightmare scenario for MS is pretty much a given

Do you have a link to those "real" sales numbers? The only thing I can find about Windows 8 selling less than Vista is a ZDNet report using dubious sources to put it mildly. Not saying you're wrong. I have no dog in the Windows 8 fight as it were but as I understand, it's not selling horribly. PC sales are down, largely because the world economy is still in the dumps and people are realising they don't need new PCs every 2 years when all they do is surf the Internet.

Well, my numbers come from a lot of reports I subscribe and pay to from various financial firms who do market research and all that stuff. Right now Win8 sales are below Vista and well below Win7 and XP sales according to the reports. The licenses numbers is grossly overstated because most of those licenses doesn't translate into direct sales and revenue.

If these numbers hold up, Win8 will be the least sold Windows since WinME.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo