[Nov 20, 2012, 9:33 pm ET] - Share - Viewing Comments
Steam News announces
the availability of a new patch for Natural Selection 2
to update Unknown Worlds' newly released action/strategy sequel with a number of balance changes and bug fixes, which are detailed below:
- Evolving Onos eggs now requires three Hives instead of two. Onos eggs are a complex matter, and are a work in progress!
- Reduced Onos armor by 100 (-8%, effectiveness vs. Exos and heavy weapons impacted less because armor).
- Welder research time increased from 10 to 15.
- Exo armor changed from to 300/390/480/570 to 400/460/520/580.
- Welder rate reduced from 125/sec to 90/sec.
- Reduced shadow step cost from 15 to 10.
- Increased blink momentum to be close to build 220.
- Increase start blink energy cost from 8 to 12.
- Shift Hatch now creates 2 eggs, but costs 5 resources and has a 5 second cool down (was 1 tres per egg, no cooldown).
- Increased trait structure (Shell, Spur, Veil) mature health by ~20%. Also increased their base health to be closer to their previous mature health.
- Reduced spore research time from 90 to 60.
- Hive build time increased from 150 seconds to 180 seconds.
- Reduced Onos Gore range by 0.5 meters.
- Added cooldown to shift hatch ability.
- Lowered max healing on Crag.
- Added minimum healing from Hives.
- Changed combat timeout to 4 seconds.
- Reduced mega regeneration (max regeneration is now 10 per second instead of 120).
- Doubled ARC rate of fire (halved damage)
- Fixed bug where the server would leak memory under some circumstances.
- The ghost Power Node no longer takes damage, fixes a problem where the Power Node could not be rebuilt after being destroyed in some cases.
- Fixed rare bug where a Hive could become invulnerable if it was killed in the same frame as it finishes building.
- Fixed sound bug causing ambient sounds in the world to not play correctly.
- Fixed unbuilt shifts being able to generate eggs.
- Fixed Exo and Mine tooltips.
- Fixed regeneration effect showing up in combat.
- Fixed the "filter modded servers" option not always working correctly in the server browser.
- Fixed ARC targeting issues.
- Fixed already recycled units still taking damage.
- Added protection against speed hacking.
- Added more loading screen tooltips.
- Added a display to the server browser to show the number of servers in the list.
- Added the ability to specify "passes" for build rules in the Builder to setup simple dependency relationships.
- Added SoundEffectInstance:SetCoords() function.
Enter the details of the comment
you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at
the bottom of the form.
||Re: Natural Selection 2 Patched
||Nov 20, 2012, 22:51
TychoCelchuuu wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 22:39:
This wouldn't be the Blue's News comment section if people didn't complain about literally everything.
He wasn't complaining that they are supporting the game if you two numbskulls had bothered to read what he said, it was the how and that does matter. Huge balance swings and updates that are so frequent that they aren't even properly tested tend to hurt multiplayer communities more than they help.
- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!
Copyright © 1996-2015 Stephen Heaslip. All rights reserved.
All trademarks are properties of their respective owners.