Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends

As noted on the Roberts Space Industries Website, the crowd-sourced fundraiser for Star Citizen blew past its initial $2 million goal, the $4.2 million record set recently by Project Eternity, and their own dream goal of $6 million to finish at $6,238,563. The campaign may be concluded, but they plan on continuing to offer chances to support development of this upcoming space sim, saying: "Going forward, Roberts says, people who backed the project during the crowd funding campaign will have the ability to purchase further tiers or upgrade existing ones at the initial prices. And for those who missed this opportunity, there is still a chance to be a part of the Star Citizen community and back the project but at slightly higher prices. Roberts says it will still be cheaper than purchasing the final product when it is released and it will enable backers to reserve a limited amount of alpha and beta slots that remain. Behind-the-scenes subscription updates during development are also available for purchase. They will provide even more extras and inside info for those who sign up." Here are some stats from the Star Citizen crowd funding campaign updated as of 1:00 pm CST today:

• Kickstarter backers 34,397
  • Kickstarter funds pledged - $2,134,374
  • Roberts Space Industries backers 55,270
  • Roberts Space Industries funds raised - $4,104,189
  • Total backers 89,667
  • Total funds raised and pledged - $6,238,563

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

27. Re: Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends Nov 20, 2012, 12:29 Theo

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 12:13:
Theo wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 08:01:
hopefully people have enough money left to fund elite :-( i get the feeling that 1 space sim might have taken everyones cash though :-(

I have no confidence in the people behind elite sorry to say it.

Same here, but i also think Roberts is the guy that got 6 years to make his last game, months ago when he started pitching his Star citizen project you know what he said? "publishers are evil they put pressure on me and i couldn't make it the game i wanted to".

SIX F**KING years microsoft gave him. I really want to Star Citizen to be a good game because i love space games, that said, Id rather be playing multiplayer Elite than a roberts game that promises more than it actually delivers.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo