Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Citizen Kickstarter Reaches for the Stars

The Roberts Space Industries Website shows that the crowdsourced fundraising campaign for Star Citizen has blown past all the goals they have set for it, and now stands at over $5.8 million with a few hours to go. They reveal the new content being added after the $5.4 and $5.5 million goals are shattered in what is now clearly the most successful crowdfunding campaign ever. They describe their final goal of $6 million:

Six million was what it would take us to build the game we were imagining with all the bells and whistles we wanted included. Well, here we are with just over eight hours to go and that impossible goal where everything is unlocked is suddenly in sight. At six million youíll launch the game with 100 systems, a full orchestral score and a free copy of the first Squadron 42 mission disk, Behind Enemy Lines.

Itís not as sexy as the carrier, for sure, but would certainly be pretty amazing if we met every one of our goals. So letís push this campaign all the way to the last minute. We can make this march!

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

53. Let Us Just Remember 3 Words: Nov 19, 2012, 18:37 SlimRam

Wing Commander Movie....

Ok ok I KNOW that was a low blow but.....

THAT is what CAN HAPPEN when MILLIONS of dollars are being thrown around; I mean Chris Roberts WAS the director....

Jus sayin

No but seriously, God bless the man for trying this, if I hadn't have lost my money on hookers and blow I would have tried to kick money his direction. I cannot wait for this game and will be absolutely wooden (think mahogany....or more like balsa) um...anyway till this comes out!

P.S. They REALLY need to bring back the Full Motion Video of the old games to really clinch this. I want to tell Maniac to fuck off/ not fuck off just one more time

Slightly Off Song Lyrics: Coward of the Country, Kenny Rogers

Tommy turned around they said
Hey look, old yeller's leavin'

You could've heard a pin drop
When Tommy locked the door, and dropped his pants...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo