Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

• Digital Combat Simulator: Black Shark on Steam. Save 75%.
  • THQ Sale on Get Games. Save up to 75%.
  • USSR Invades! War & Strategy Games on GOG.com. Save 60%.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

11. Re: On Sale Nov 17, 2012, 15:23 DangerDog

Prez wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 14:48:
Techie714 wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 13:06:
I really love that you guys post a bunch of additional deals on these posts. Thanks!

Ditto.

Syndicate is on sale for 10 bucks on greenmangaming. Despite it not living up to its pedigree, is it worth $10 for singleplayer?

No, prior to release the game didn't actually look too bad but at the last minute they decided to add a shitload of visual effects to the game, out of control lens flare, blue filter, bloom - oh my god the fucking BLOOM in this game #$*! etc. - some suspect they did this because early previews said the graphics looked dated so they tried to cover up poor textures etc.

FOV is locked to 65 with no way of changing it, there are a handful of console command tweaks to try to turn off some of the bullshit effects but you get really strange results, look one direction and the game looks good - turn another and it's almost too dark to see.

Poor sales resulted in no after sales support, no patch to fix it - that's why it's $10 now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvbBkLy4wIA

here's the before they fucked it up with bloom and after shot.

http://www.starbreezeforum.se/viewtopic.php?id=1242

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 2012, 15:33.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo