Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Torchlight 2 Patch Adds New Pets

The Runic Games Forums have details on a new patch that's now available for Torchlight 2 that updates the action/RPG sequel to version 1.17.x.14. The new version has various balance changes and bug fixes and also adds two new pets: an owl and a badger. Thanks IncGamers.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

9. Re: Torchlight 2 Patch Adds New Pets Nov 16, 2012, 17:12 Suppa7

ItBurn wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 10:15:
The game has no staying power. I finished it once, and couldn't really see a reason to continue. It's better than D3 in the sense that you can actually continue to level and put points in the skills you like, but it lacks some kind of reason to continue playing. I can't put my finger on it.

The combat and item systems aren't as fun as diablo 2, specifically diablo 2 had fighting game elements merged with the action rpg genre which made combat fun in and of itself besides just the loot gambling mechanic.

The item generation isn't as solid as diablos and the skills the classes have make the items feel half baked. All the small mistakes in design add up to lameness, it's above average, but Diablo was king of the hill. The skill tree's in TL2 weren't thought out or polished enough.

Then there is the odd art style and lack of grityness. The world lacks any kind of solid atmosphere and charm in the levels. The world itself has a nonsensical story (not even a real attempt at a basic story either). Then on top of all that is the rather poorly designed hybrid classes that make it completely forgettable.

Diablo 2 had the PALADIN. I still remember that bastard and want to PLAY HIM AGAIN but dammit D3 was a giant disappointment. The fact that world of warcraft came along and the old Diablo 2 team got disbanded means it's highly unlikely we will see a Diablo 2 caliber game for another decade or two if ever. It remains to be seen if blizzard can learn to make a better diablo.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2012, 17:20.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo